The intoxicated drink is traditionally considered masculine. Most of the stronger sex like to have a mug or bottle not only on weekends with friends, but also in the evenings after work. Some are sure that, unlike other alcohol, it does not affect potency in any way. But how much does this correspond to reality? How does beer affect men, erectile function, semen quality?
How does beer affect male reproduction?
Many experts urge to abandon the intoxicated drink, since it negatively affects the health of the stronger sex, which is due to its composition.
Effects of hops on hormonal balance
The main ingredient in beer is hops. Its harm to the male body is due to the presence of phytoestrogen – a biologically active substance close to the female sex hormone. There are about 36 mg of this compound per liter. Some experts are of the opinion that this amount is sufficient for changes in the hormonal background.
Regular consumption of the intoxicated drink leads to the following negative consequences:
- weakening of muscle tone;
- rounding of the abdominal cavity – “beer” belly;
- expansion of the pelvis;
- breast enlargement.
It is believed that phytoestrogen is not only bad for the body, but also lowers testosterone levels. The man becomes apathetic. Libido gets worse over time. The change can even affect the quality of the semen. Sperm cells lose mobility and the ability to fertilize eggs – reproduction suffers.
Attention! Most experts claim that such negative effects only appear when drinking large quantities of beer on a regular basis. Some are of the opinion that regularity also matters, because estrogens tend to accumulate.
Alarming symptoms of changes in hormonal balance are the desire to lie on the couch, a decrease in activity in general, and female-type body fat (buttocks, thighs, chest, shoulders).
Chemical additives and stabilizers
The beer produced today contains various unnatural ingredients. These are stabilizers, preservatives, dyes, acids. They allow the drink to last longer and bring undeniable benefits to producers, but not to men. They are not just bad, but dangerous:
- The unfermented extract contains simple carbohydrates that lead to obesity, as well as toxic amides and ammonia compounds.
- Carbonic acid, leading to an imbalance in the acid-base balance of the gastrointestinal tract, indigestion.
- Fusel oils, gradually destroying the liver and brain, leading to encephalopathy (necrosis) of organs.
- Higher alcohols, which, after degradation, are converted into aleconic carbons, which are, in fact, carcinogenic.
- Diacetyl, a breath-damaging drug banned in the United States of America, is one of the most dangerous in Europe.
- Ethyl alcohol, which is addictive, but breaks down to form acetaldehyde, which is responsible for hangover symptoms.
The negative effect on the male body, erectile and reproductive function, as well as the condition is characteristic of frequent abuse. The more they drink, the higher it is.
Could there be a benefit?
In moderate quantities, beer products exhibit positive properties:
- Rejuvenates the blood system, removes bad cholesterol, prevents the growth of pathogenic bacteria, which helps to prolong life.
- Reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes mellitus due to the fact that the active ingredients fight harmful sugar.
- Xanthohumol, which appears after the fermentation of hops, reduces the risks of the development and growth of cancer cells, prevents brain changes
- One hundred milliliters of beer contains fewer calories than a glass of orange juice or 1% kefir. This allows you to lose weight. The main thing is not to consume more than 100 ml per day, replacing other drinks.
- Promotes the elimination of kidney stones. Statistics show that urolithiasis develops much less often in those people who drink.
- Improves blood circulation in the pelvic organs, increasing the quality of erection by cleansing the blood circulation.
- Normalizes the nervous system, resistance to stress, which is important for a long and more sensual intercourse.
A positive effect is only provided when neither the guy nor the adult man abuses the intoxicated drink. You should not expect that the negative impact is leveled by young age.
The harm of beer to the male body can be reduced to almost zero if you drink it in moderate dosages. The maximum daily amount of ethanol is 10 g or 1 liter of beer per day. Should not be driven to the maximum limit.
The best option is considered to be 200-500 ml three to five times a week. This dosage is considered the safest for men. People who cannot stop after one mug are better off not drinking regularly.
What does frequent beer consumption lead to?
Ignorance of the measure in drinking leads to “beer” alcoholism. This painful condition is not included in the international classification, so this term is not considered official. It applies exclusively to other strong drinks, not intoxicated. This does not negate the fact that many abusers suffer from addiction.
The problem is that it develops much more slowly and almost imperceptibly. A man can drink several bottles a day without feeling absolutely no harm, but, of course, drunkenness will be felt. Alcoholism can be recognized by the following characteristic features:
- drinking more than one liter of intoxicated drink per day;
- anger and irritability if you can’t drink beer;
- trouble sleeping, when you can’t either relax or fall asleep normally;
- in the daytime, a man feels a sharp drop in strength, fatigue and a desire to sleep;
- periodic headache attacks;
- female-type obesity and a bulging tummy;
- the need to have a glass of beer in the morning to cheer up and get rid of a hangover;
- problems with erectile function.
The last stage, if you do not limit yourself in time, will begin to act in such a way that you will need to drink stronger drinks to relax and improve your condition. Lack of treatment leads to the development of the following ailments and conditions:
- accumulation of fatty deposits on the liver, leading to scarring or cirrhosis;
- being overweight increases the risk of developing diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular diseases;
- the formation of free radicals, which increase the risk of developing cancer;
- hepatitis and beer heart syndrome.
To cure beer alcoholism, the patient is influenced by the same methods as in conventional therapy. The situation is complicated by the fact that the man does not believe in his addiction. The bad news is that the disease progresses more rapidly than from hard alcohol. The consequences are also much destructive.
The harm and benefits of non-alcoholic beer
The composition of a hoppy drink without a degree differs from the usual one. The effect is almost the same. Abuse of even “zero” leads to negative consequences, but it has some advantages:
- the ability to drink and not get drunk, but here there is a risk of unlimited use with all the ensuing consequences;
- most people find salvation from addiction in non-alcoholic beer when the effect that a person drinks is turned on;
- in a limited volume (300-500 ml) has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system and reduces the risk of developing cancer.
The non-alcoholic product also contains female hormones, which have a negative effect on the potency and libido of a man. The more you drink this beer, the higher the risk of impotence.
Opinions of doctors
Experts unanimously agree that beer abuse negatively affects erectile function. Drinking two liters of beer per day is similar to 250 grams of vodka. Daily use of such a large dosage leads to the following negative consequences:
- destruction of the subcortical structures of the brain, which becomes the cause of dulling the sensations received from sex;
- circulatory disorders due to excessive stress on the cardiovascular system;
- decreased sensitivity of the male genital organ;
- violation of hormonal levels;
- reduced semen production.
So, what’s wrong with beer for a man’s health? The answer is obvious – the development of sexual dysfunction with abuse.