The fashion for superfoods makes adherents of a healthy lifestyle start up in search of new healthy products. But sometimes the new is the “long forgotten old” or the fact that until recently it was unknown to the general population. One of these superfoods can be called Dagestan sweet paste called Urbech.
Urbech: what is it?
Urbech is a sweet nutritional mixture that is made from raw, dried, or roasted seeds, fruit seeds, or nuts by grinding them on stone millstones. At the same time, the mill circles rotate at such a rate that the seeds or nuts did not turn into powder, but managed to isolate their own oil. As a result, it turns out to be a homogeneous, elastic mass, known as Urbech.
By the way!
Taste product is unique and difficult to describe. It is worth noting, if used in its pure form, it strongly “knits” and as if envelops the oral cavity. Therefore, it is recommended to mix it with other ingredients, such as honey or chocolate.
Urbech: a bit of history
The homeland of this amazing product is Dagestan. The first mentions of it are found in written sources of the 17-18th century. It is believed that the shepherds of the time, going to the mountains, took with them three products: water, pita, and Urbech.
Then the paste was made from the seeds of white or black flax, nuts or apricot seeds. The nutritional mixture did not take up much space in the travelers’ baggage, but its uniqueness is that even a small portion quickly restored the wasted forces, causing an instant burst of energy, and made it possible to move further along the winding mountain paths.
The fact is that the product practically did not undergo heat treatment, and therefore retained the useful properties of nature. By the way, there is an opinion that Urbech is one of the unsolved secrets of longevity of the Caucasian mountaineers.
Urbech: a palette of taste
Urbech is an extremely nutritious product. It contains a lot of fiber, amino acids and beneficial fatty acids, vitamins, micro and macro elements. It is recommended to include in the diet to strengthen the immune system and replenish the protein reserves in the body, as well as people who are subject to severe physical or mental stress, or recently suffered a protracted illness.
By the way!
Urbech has a fairly high calorie. But do not worry much – eat it a lot will not work. It will be enough 2-3 spoons and a sense of saturation.
Other useful properties of the product depend on what particular ingredient it is made from. Next, consider some of the varieties of paste Urbech.
Sesame seeds are a champion in calcium content, but they also contain magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, and vitamins E, A, C. Thus, the Dagestan sesame paste:
- is a natural antioxidant;
- strengthens bones;
- will be indispensable for the health of hair, skin and nails;
- normalizes metabolic processes in the body.
The analogue of Urbech from sesame is tahini paste (other names are Tkhina, Takhina), common in the Middle and Near East, in Israel, Greece and Cyprus. It is also made from milled sesame seeds and is a necessary component of many national dishes, such as hummus, halvah and Tahina-Pita from Cyprus.
Apricot seed urbatch
It is considered one of the most popular. It is rich in vitamin PP, magnesium, iodine, potassium, zinc, iron and phosphorus, therefore:
- positive effect on the nervous system and, therefore, relieves stress;
- improves immunity;
- has a mild laxative effect, relieving constipation.
Pistachio – champion in iron content. They are also rich in vitamins E, PP, B group, choline, and, in addition, silicon, manganese, magnesium, cobalt and molybdenum. Dagestan pistachio pasta:
- is a prophylactic agent for anemia;
- strengthens the nervous system;
- normalizes the gastrointestinal tract.
Pistachio and Sesame Urbech
Sesame seeds (50 g) lightly fry in a dry frying pan. Pistachios clean and take in equal proportions with sesame seeds. All grind immersion blender to a pasty state. Add a little honey melted in a water bath, mix everything thoroughly. The mass should be thick and uniform.
Of course, the resulting product will be slightly different in appearance and texture from that made in production, as at home it is difficult to observe the technology of making Dagestan paste. But the one that you get will be just as tasty and healthy, because only natural ingredients are used for this. As a last resort, you can buy special grindstones for urbanbach, if such an acquisition seems reasonable and justified to you.
This type of walnut is known for its unique combination of vitamin E with vegetable protein, due to which it is very much appreciated by athletes. But still it is a storehouse of vitamins PP, K, group B and useful elements: manganese, calcium, copper, magnesium, cobalt and phosphorus.Dagestan hazelnut paste:
- improves heart function;
- strengthens bones and tooth enamel;
- considered a natural antioxidant;
- increases the body’s defenses.
Flax seeds are rich in B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, iron, manganese, zinc, selenium and phosphorus. All this contributes to:
- improve metabolism;
- strengthen the bone skeleton and tooth enamel;
- reduce cholesterol;
- normalization of the gastrointestinal tract;
- increase the body’s resistance to colds.
Flaxseed Urbech contributes to effective weight loss. It nourishes the body with essential nutrients and a beneficial effect on metabolism. In addition, it dulls the feeling of hunger, which is important if you follow a diet for weight loss.
But there is one caveat: Urbatch from flax should be sugar free. It is better to eat it in the morning, either in pure form, with water, or used as an additive for porridge, yogurt or muesli.
This kind nuts – an excellent source of copper, manganese, iron, magnesium and phosphorus. Therefore, Urbach of them:
- tones and has a beneficial effect on the state of the immune system;
- improves digestion;
- strengthens heart health;
- lowers cholesterol;
- improves brain function.
Poppy seeds – a storehouse of vitamins E and PP, as well as useful elements: cobalt, copper, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. Urbech poppy has the following properties:
- improves the condition of hair, skin and nails;
- strengthens the immune system;
- relieves insomnia.
Urbech from poppy and walnuts with orange syrup
This product will delight you with its amazing aroma and delicate taste. Of course, in industrial conditions, seeds and nuts are crushed on special stone millstones with the help of gentle technology, and Dagestan paste turns out to be more oily, but in the health food store you will not find a jar of cleaning with such a unique composition.
First you need to prepare a syrup from one orange:
- Remove the zest from it and split in half. One part of citrus cut into thin slices. From the second – squeeze the juice.
- Pour the juice into the pan, add 100 g of sugar, orange slices and zest. Cook over low heat until thick (a drop of syrup should not spread).
- Strain and leave to cool.
Now we need to make the Urbech itself:
- Fry 50 g of poppy seeds in a dry frying pan and allow to cool.
- Take as many peeled walnuts. Grind them together with poppy seeds with an immersion blender to a mushy state.
- Add a little orange syrup, mix everything thoroughly. The mass should be thick and uniform. The remaining syrup, like the urbatch itself, can be stored in the refrigerator.
Almond is a protein champion. It is also an invaluable source of vitamins E, group B. In addition, it contains manganese, copper, magnesium and phosphorus. What makes it:
- beneficial effect on the heart;
- helps with problems of the digestive system;
- can relieve pain;
- improves potency;
- increases life expectancy.
These nuts are an excellent source of vitamins PP, E, and group B, as well as useful elements: iron, selenium, potassium, magnesium, copper and zinc. Thanks to this peanut urbech:
- will be useful for the full work of the brain;
- has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular and nervous systems;
- is a natural antioxidant.
In this type of pasta trans fats and preservatives are most often added. We recommend that you carefully read the labels, and select products from trusted manufacturers.
Pumpkin Seed Urbech
Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc, copper and magnesium, therefore:
- have a beneficial effect on the nervous system and can relieve depression, stress and chronic fatigue;
- make eyesight better and sharper;
- strengthen men’s health;
- strengthen the immune system response to various diseases.
Pumpkin and Sunflower Urbech with Almonds
Take equal proportions of peeled pumpkin and sunflower seeds (50 g each) and 50 g almonds. Grind them with an immersion blender until smooth and pasty. Then add a little maple syrup or honey melted in a water bath, mix everything thoroughly.
It should be noted that in industrial conditions with respect to the technology of manufacturing the product, urbatch will turn out to be more oily, but the fact that you will make it at home will certainly please you with its nutritional value and excellent taste. The advantage is that you do not need to buy several types of pasta to mix them, especially since the prices of this product sometimes bite.
Hemp seeds – one of the leaders in protein content. In addition, they are rich in vitamin PP, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and therefore:
- increase the body’s resistance to colds;
- reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood;
- are a prophylactic agent for anemia;
- prevent the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases;
- strengthen the musculoskeletal system.
By the way!
You can make an Urbech at home not only with an immersion blender, but also with the help of a coffee grinder. But then it is desirable to have the most powerful model – it will turn the seeds and nuts “into dust”. It is necessary to process them a little longer, and that oil which appears with industrial technology will stand out, it will just be a little less.
There are two more ways, but both of them require patience, considerable strength and a certain skill. You will also need special equipment for the kitchen (optional).
- Mortar and pestle for grinding spices.
- A wide pot of clay with a rounded bottom, which Ukrainians call “makitra” and is used to mop poppy. In a pair should take Makogon – a special rounded stick with a thickening.
And finally, if you consider yourself a fan of the Dagestan paste, you can purchase special millstones of stone. Here your home Urbech will not be inferior to what you did in an industrial environment.
Urbech: methods of use
Urbech is eaten in pure form, often as a preventive measure, or used as an ingredient for cooking various dishes.
The easiest and most common way – Urbach with honey. To do this, mix the honey with vegetable or butter, heat it in a water bath, then add Urbech paste and mix everything thoroughly. Eat this sweet mass, spreading on bread, or served, like jam for tea .
By the way!
Urbech with honey is also used as an impregnation for cakes and biscuits, as topping for cheesecakes or pancakes. And it can also be served with sliced fruit. Good combinations:
- Urbech from sesame or flax and apples;
- sunflower urbach sunflower seeds and grapes;
- apricot urbech and peaches.
Another option – dressing for vegetable salad. For these purposes, hemp, pumpkin or sesame urbech is most often used. Pasta mixed with lemon juice and olive oil.
Celery Salad and Avocado with Vegetable Dressing
- Make a salad dressing of 3 tablespoons of sesame urbatch, ½ tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil. For the sharpness of taste add chopped garlic (1 clove). Pour in soy sauce (to taste).
- Peel the avocados, cut them in half and remove the core. To cut in cubes. Take two medium stalks of celery and cut into pieces.
- Put 50 g of arugula in a salad bowl, combine with celery and avocado, add 50 g of olives (seedless). Liberally pour the salad dressing and serve.
The third way is to add urbatch to porridge. Nutritious pasta made from nuts, seeds or fruit seeds for breakfast in combination with grains is the perfect start to the day. This will give a quick burst of energy and a powerful charge of energy for the whole day.
Millet porridge with dried apricots and Urbechem
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, fry in it 250 g of washed millet. Add chopped dried apricots (50 g) and raisins (100 g), pour in 4 cups boiling water, salt and cook under a lid for about 30-40 minutes.
- While boiling porridge, make refueling. Heat 150 ml of cream, but do not let them boil. Remove from heat, mix with 4 tablespoons of urbach from almonds or apricot seeds. Mix well.
- Submit the porridge to the table, watering it with a dressing of cream and Urbech.
Athletes will appreciate the protein shake with Dagestan nutritious pasta. You can prepare it, for example, from milk, bananas and almond harvesting. This is a great way to replenish strength after a workout. Children will not remain indifferent to this delicacy. But you need to be careful and exclude allergies to the ingredients of this drink.
And, finally, with Urbechem make healthy sweets, which can be an alternative to the usual for many sweets and chocolates.
Oatmeal, Jam and Urbecha Candy
- Take 100 grams of oatmeal coarse. Grind blender until flour.
- In a deep bowl, mix 6 tablespoons of peach or apricot jam, 4 tablespoons of Urbech walnuts and ½ teaspoon of Jerusalem artichoke syrup. Pour the oatmeal and mix thoroughly.
- To form small balls from the resulting mass and roll them in coconut flakes. Before serving, you can cool.