Sex is a unique way of getting pleasure, around which many myths, sometimes very contradictory, have been created. Some sources say that having a regular sex life has a beneficial effect on well-being. On the other hand, you can hear the opinion that too frequent intercourse can be harmful to health.
Which of the statements can be considered true, how regular sex affects the body and the relationship between a man and a woman? Intimate life in marriage and what kills sex drive, how attitudes towards sex change in old age. You will find the answers to these questions in our material.
How does sex affect relationships?
When it comes to first sex, it is believed that the first intimate contact usually lays the foundation of the relationship. When planning a long-term, serious relationship, avoid having sex on the first date. Often, one partner’s interest in another can disappear after the first, very quick and untimely intimacy.
Talking about sex life during a relationship, you can also find pitfalls. Some couples underestimate the importance of having regular sex. First, the psychological impact on both the woman and the man: both partners begin to feel more confident.
Secondly, desire itself is stimulated by regularity. Partners trust each other more, reveal new fantasies and, of course, get more pleasure from the process, which means that all other spheres of life are returning to normal.
The effect of sex on a woman’s health
Having sex affects the psycho-emotional background of a woman, thanks to the production of the hormone estrogen, the hormone of beauty. It helps to improve the appearance and general condition. Plus, sex can help reduce menstrual pain due to the contractions of the muscles in the pelvic girdle.
All of the listed benefits for the representatives of the beautiful half of humanity are lost if the sexual intercourse was not completed by the “culmination”. That is, so that sex is not useless for a woman in terms of health, she must definitely experience an orgasm, with which there are big problems in Russia and the CIS countries, about which later.
The effect of sex on men’s health
A man should have sex in order to stay young longer: thanks to the adjustment of the work of certain processes in the body, age-related changes slow down, which contributes to the preservation of health and longevity. Plus, having regular sex has been proven to prevent prostate disease.
Do not believe the myth that “the more the better.” Everything should be in moderation. To maintain tone, two or three acts a week are enough. The harm lies in the fact that there is a heavy load on the male genital organs. According to a number of studies, the risk of inflammatory diseases of the testicles and appendages increases.
What Kills Sex Drive in Marriage?
The fire in marriage can go out. The basic rule of maintaining a healthy atmosphere in the family must be enjoyed by both partners. In Russia, there is a big problem with sex education, which is why both parties suffer in couples. According to statistics, every third woman has never experienced an orgasm, and you can find a lot of reasons for this. Lack of sexual education, resulting in complete ignorance of your body.
There are other reasons, such as fatigue at work or at home. In such cases, a man can take on some of the household chores in order to relieve the woman, and also show more attention to her problems. In a difficult period for a man, a woman should also show greater sensitivity, give more freedom.
Together, your sex life can be improved by changing your diet. The transition to healthy food and basic but regular physical activity has a positive effect on sexual activity, which, in turn, strengthens the relationship between partners.
The impact of sex on health in old age
Contrary to the popular belief that sex does not exist after forty (fifty, sixty, seventy, etc.), sexual activity is important at any age. A young person will be socially active regardless of the regularity of their sex life, but for older people it is an incentive to maintain a healthy emotional background.
If you have a thought that a little later you will have to force yourself to make love, then this is not so. Indeed, with age, desire and need do not fall, and due to experience and other, compared with the young years, the level of emancipation, the quality of sex rises to a new level. There are other bonuses as well.
For example, the duration of intercourse increases, since the sensitivity of the genitals decreases with age . Another detail is the menopause that has come around the age of fifty, after which the fear of an unwanted pregnancy disappears.
It is still not worth forgetting about contraception, since the risk of sexually transmitted diseases remains at any age. Pay attention to this issue if partners change frequently.
The positive effects of sex at an older age include strengthening the cardiovascular system, which is important for older people. Also, with regular sex life, blood pressure is normalized.
Lack of sex negatively affects both men and women. In both, the hormonal background changes, the level of serotonin decreases, and irritability increases. Due to the heightened aggressiveness in the couple, there are more conflicts and quarrels. Another well-known and proven consequence of long-term abstinence is weight gain. This negatively affects self-esteem, worsens mood, and even leads to depression.
Useful and useless sex
The concepts of useful and useless sex apply mainly to women who, as a rule, rarely achieve orgasm or do not achieve it at all. At the same time, practically any sexual intercourse of a healthy man usually reaches its climax. To make sex mutually beneficial, you need to help each other.
Regular orgasm is essential for getting the most out of the process. After all, anecdotal stories about sex as about good physical education have nothing to do with reality, since the average duration of intercourse, reaching half an hour, is a rarity, and not commonplace (which is absolutely normal).
Nevertheless, it is worth paying attention to the “climax” for several reasons.
- First, orgasm can stimulate the brain, as evidenced by a number of studies. The focus group participants were tested on a magnetic resonance imaging machine, which showed that after orgasm, both halves of the brain began to generate more impulses. In addition, blood flow to the head and heart is improved.
- Orgasm has an almost narcotic effect on the human condition. More endorphin and oxytocin are produced, which allow you to achieve a state of euphoria and happiness, even if only for a short time.
- Orgasm relieves pain (PMS, headaches, etc.)
- Orgasm strengthens the immune system. Enough to have sex a couple of times a week , to avoid colds and viruses. Immunity is enhanced by changing the ratio of immune cells in the body.
- Orgasm helps with sleep problems. After good sex, the body is relaxed, which makes it easier to fall asleep.
- With depression, sleep problems are common. Orgasm is useful here too. Thanks to chemical reactions in the body, the human nervous system calms down, anxiety decreases and mood improves.
- Orgasm helps with skin problems. It is worth noting that sex does not solve teenage problems (acne, blackheads, pimples), but it can help slow down age-related changes (wrinkles, loss of skin elasticity).
How to get the most out of sex
To get the maximum benefit and pleasure from the process , there are a number of simple recommendations.
- You need to think about psychological preparation. If you have any clamps or fears, you need to discuss them with your partner. Discussion of feelings is very important because it is unlikely that the other person is able to read other people’s thoughts.
- Sometimes a person simply does not control his body: it is not clear which sensations are pleasant and which are not, therefore even a simple discussion with a partner gives psychological discomfort. In such cases, you need to study yourself on your own, to see what individual parts of the body respond to.
- Forget insecurities. Usually, the partner does not notice what caused you to develop the greatest complexes. The recipe for dealing with them is individual: someone is helped by shopping and new beautiful lingerie, others should often look at their body in the mirror and finally understand that it is beautiful.
- Relax and watch yourself. With fatigue, libido decreases, but you should not have sex through force.
Sex is a useful and enjoyable way to build intimate and spiritual intimacy between people in love. Remember that this is not a panacea, but only a supplement to life. Keep track of the spiritual, sensual, side of the relationship and have sex for your pleasure.